Monday, March 11, 2013

Valentine's Day: We started our travels in France!

Thanks for the invite Ms. Tammy. I am excited to share our Valentine Candle lit dinner. It was a lot of work and preparation but my little family does appreciate good food.

First off we started with a fancy Jell-o, totally French right! My Rich claims he does not have enough Jell-o in his diet so I thought it a special treat for him.


Then we moved onto French Onion Soup, I took the recipe straight from the Julia Child cookbook, "Mastering the Art of French Cooking." But here is a link to the exact same recipe. It takes a long time and a lot of LOVE and oh so worth it. As the side veggie I served asparagus, which we determined Rich is allergic too, so sad :(


Then it was on to the main course, Beef Bourguignon. This dish is A-Mazing and such a good hearty cold weather meal. Below are the mushrooms and onions ready to saute' up!

 Here is my one and only Valentine, love him! Obviously a kid got a hold of the camera!

 The final result...One Happy Very Loved Kid.
 The table-scape brought to you by my Three Freckles!

And Last but not Least, My first ever batch of home-made Elcairs...Nailed it! Ignore the icing blob in the middle.
My kids have been learning about Peru at school and the Inca's, I am thinking we will fly there next just to eat!

2 comments: